Good evening ladies and gents, and welcome to another edition of the 30 Days of µ’s Challenge on the Alfredeo Blog! This is where I discuss the different Love Live! School Idol Project related topics from the list above and hopefully give you my interesting thoughts on them.
Also, this is opinion based. Please do not make rude remarks on my thoughts. I would appreciate if the comments section turned into that. Instead, please give your opinion on today’s topic in a respective and orderly fashion.
If you don’t know what a “sub-unit” is, in idol terms, it’s essentially where the whole group splits into three groups of three people, and those groups make their own singles and such.
Sub-units aren’t expressed in the actual anime show, but they are shown more in like concerts, magazines, interviews and everything non-anime related.
These three are µ’s subunits (from left to right):
- lily white – consists of Rin Hoshizora, Umi Sonoda and Nozomi Toujou
- They are more pure, their songs tend to be really nice to hear and just calming and relaxing
- Printemps – consists of Kotori Minami, Honoka Kousaka and Hanayo Koizumi
- More of a fun and upbeat group, basically really kawaii
- BiBi – consists of Nico Yazawa, Eli Ayase and Maki Nishikino
- Now this one, oh man, these idols are like the “bad bitches” of µ’s. I say this because of the lyrics of their songs, the way they dress and just the personalities of all of the members being really aggressive and intimidating lol
The coolest thing about these units is that the fans actually voted on what the final sub-units would be. They did it for the original series and even the spin-off, Love Live! Sunshine!!.
It’s actually really cool to see these magazine scans and the different sub-units that us Love Live fans could’ve seen. The different possibilities of MakiUmiKotori or even KananYouMaru. Man, those would’ve been fucking bomb-ass sub-units.
So, anyways, while all the sub-units are pretty cool, there is one that takes the cake for more, or in more literal terms, is my more favorable one.
Yes, lily white, with Nozomi, Umi and Rin.
I really like this sub-unit because of the members, themselves and the nice songs they made and sung.
These three, I felt, was picked out pretty well. While Umi and Nozomi tend to be very calm and mature, Rin gives them a more fun vibe to the group. Also, their voices sound great together.
Speaking of singing, here are some of my favorite lily white songs:
Thanks for reading today’s topic!
What’s your favorite µ’s subunit? Leave it in the comments below!
Come back tomorrow to see my favorite song from the sub-unit, Printemps.